Show details for:
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
Training and Development
- Required Level of Education - High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Related Work Experience - None
- On-Site or In-Plant Training - Up to and including 1 month
- On-the-Job Training - Anything beyond short demonstration, up to and including 1 month
Did You Know?
- Job opportunities are expected to be good for full-time and part-time work, especially for those with related work experience.
- Many pharmacy aides work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- About 82 percent work in retail pharmacies, grocery stores, department stores, or mass retailers.